Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:36 am
Howdy

I changed my cable subscription over to digital today and one of the benefits of doing this is I get access to the Boomerang Network (good Aussie name). Which quite a lot of you know has the Smurfs cartoons. I couldn't believe my luck when I went to check the program and the smurfs were on next in about 7 minutes. The episode was called the Smurfic Games. I set my video tape up and was drooling over the remote control when :? Damn Snaggle Puss comes on and then never goes away for the next 30 minutes. Checking the guide it said it was still meant to be the smurfs on now but they weren't. They now say they are on in about 20 minutes again...but I don't know if I can trust them. They may be getting a boomerang up there you know what if they don't start behaving themselves. I was left to feel like Santa never came to my house. :-(

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:20 pm
Hi Dyar, I hope you managed to get to see some smurf cartoons. At least know you will be able to watch them all the time. :grin:

I don't know if they are being shown in the UK at the moment. Anyone know?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:59 pm
That truly bites!! I do not have digital cable myself but last Christmas, there was supposed to be a smurf christmas cartoon on the Cartoon Network at a certain time. I got all excited, set the VCR to tape, sat down to watch it and it wasn't the smurfs!! :x So I feel for you, Andrew! Hopefully you will find them though :???:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:19 pm
Hi Stace

They were on at 1:30am and I taped them too. I have never seen the ones with Scruple, Grandpa/ma, Wild & Smoogle so it was kinda interesting. The episode featured the smurfs lost in time trying to get back to their village. They went to the Shamrock Isles (I think) and Greedy turned into a leprechan and the other featured them in an Asain setting but I had to leave Jack to watch that as I was playing it this morning before work.

I have to admit that I might be more excited about them if I was 5 again but I will tape them for Jack and watch a few myself to see what they are like.

Dyar

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:56 pm
Hi all! No the smurfs arnt on boomerang here in the uk what a shame :( I wish they were i cant understand why our boomerang is difrent to the rest of the world they were on a few months ago but no nothing since i cheack reguly to see but alass no smurfs it makes me so mad that the rest of the world has them on there boomarang but not us! :-x I always thought that boomerang was the same alover the world but obviously its not never mind. Smurfy regards, Steve. :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:09 pm
Hi Steve

If the smurfs don't come back on Boomerang tell them they should call the Network "Stick".....in other words a Boomerang that doesn't come back.

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:23 pm
gee I feel like such a bubble boy! I have never seen one before!

not sure how I'd like them?? could be odd hearing them talk! :D :D

Attom :-?
Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:38 pm
Hi Attom

Don't your PVCs talk to you too?......maybe Mrs Dyar is right :o
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:38 pm
hmmmm is it them that I keep hearing at night??? I thought it was that noisy neighbour's TV set???

Attom :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:59 pm
It could be the smurfs talking Attom.....do they say 'buy more...buy more". Mine say that all of the time even though Mrs Dyar doesn't believe me. I have told her that if you lock yourself in the smurf room for a whole weekend without food or water and a sheet of LSD then they would talk to her too. Actually it's quite cool because the Aeroplane supers take off from the airport and do tricks over Gargamel's castle. You have to be careful though as there are quite a few Gargamel's in my village and sometime they sneak up on you so you need to keep your baseball or cricket bat handy in case he attacks. I have found that PVC is no match for solid wood but those Gargamel's are pretty cunning at times.

Dyar

PS - I think Papa smurf is controlling my mind...I spent all day looking for smurfberries in my neighbourhood so I could stock pile them in the windmill for my little smurfs but I couldn't find any......and now Mrs Dyar is on the phone again calling my Doc.......I may not be able to reply for a few days again as I might be going on one of those funny holidays again.

Postby Rachel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:49 am
Hi all! No the smurfs arnt on boomerang here in the uk what a shame I wish they were i cant understand why our boomerang is difrent to the rest of the world they were on a few months ago but no nothing since i cheack reguly to see but alass no smurfs it makes me so mad that the rest of the world has them on there boomarang but not us! I always thought that boomerang was the same alover the world but obviously its not never mind. Smurfy regards, Steve.
Hi Steve, promise me you will tell us here if you discover them back on in the UK. Pleeeeeeeease. :grin:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby steveparkes » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:16 am
I've also been checking boomerang, but nothing yet. I had hoped that the BBC childrens tv would have done a run of them like they did last year when the kids were off school..I taped loads last time (no adverts, no annoying little boomerang logos)..even put some of them onto DVD :-D

Stephen.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:48 pm
I promis as soon as i see or hear anything i will let you know so you can get your tapes ready to record. I cant wait for there return! :-D Smurfy regards, Steve. :wink:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:57 pm
Yes your right smurfs do talk mine do all the time they are always telling me to buy more! Go on ebay buy them all we need more more MORE!!!! They get in your head and dont stop AGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! ok ok ill buy more and more and more!!!!!! :-D Help they wont stop! Smurfy regards asmurfie in destress, Steve. :D

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:42 am
Guess what I saw in Brussels?

Smurf cartoons on DVD, in French!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Login