Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 2 of 2

Postby Elvissmurf » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:37 am
Hi there folks.

Just thought that i`d let you all know that there is a privately run store in sleepy little Plymouth..that has recently started stocking current production Smurfs....they don`t do the complete "Golden 50" as they are only in a small premise...but i did manage to pick up a Drummer playset for myself :-D .

This is really something as Toys `r` us (of which we have a particulary large branch of...i believe it was the largest toy shop in Britain when it first opened) hasn`t a sniff of our little blue friends.....YET!!!

I think we should all be badgering these large companies to pull their fingers out,open their eyes and be pro-active and not just wait until a film comes out to flood the market...but there again i would of thought I.M.P.S. or Schleich would of been marking the anniversary with a lot more merchandise rather than the normal annual 8 figures (nice as they are)...or do they just wish for their product to remain in cult status only???

Answers on a postcard please! :D
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby Tojo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:32 am
That's excellent that sleepy, windy Plymouth has got smurfs Elvis :-D Things are looking up for smurf fans.

Btw our Toys r us hasn't got smurfs & niether has Woolworths even though they both stock the rest of the Schleich range..... What have they got against smurfs?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Elvissmurf » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:57 am
WOOLWORTHS!!

Not a sign there either...no Schleich whatsoever!

Toys `r` us do have some Schleich i.e. animals and sea-life..but to be honest this is Plymouth and if you want to see a Shark etc..you go to the N.M.A.!! :)
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:28 am
Thats good news Elvis :D

I would think its easy for Toys R Us to stock them as like you say, they sell certain Schleich ranges already :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:14 pm
Good to hear about the shop in Plymouth Elvis, it is a start. :-D

I did check out a couple of shops in Neath a few days ago but nothing. :???:

Now if Woolworths or Toys R Us started stocking them that would be FANTASTIC!! :fingersx:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Azrael » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:43 am
I havn't seen the 'golden 50' on sale anywhere, but i have seen in three smaller shops (one in Lakeside and 2 in Southend WOOWOO!! I think they are called toybox or summat... opposite HMV if anyone is from round here) boxes of the celebration smurfs.

I know they have the golden 50 (or 100 as it used to be..sigh.. :( ) in the catalogue, but do you think they are stocking them anywhere? Maybe Schleich think its wiser to ship and sell a 'golden 5'? :-?

Thoughts? Has anyone seen the golden 50 anywhere?
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby swarlock » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:37 am
I'm sure as the date gets closer to the movie they'll start popping up. I'm just patiently waiting the first new English Translated Smurf book to show up on our side of the pond soon. There hasn't been anything in The US for 20 years.
Friendship is everything.
Page 2 of 2

Login