Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 2
Postby ThirstySmurf » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:24 pm
Morningstar Entertainment, an independent Canadian home entertainment distribution company, is setting its sights on the United States.

The company this fall will begin distributing DVD product domestically, starting with two releases: the critically hailed documentary Garbage Warrior and The Smurfs and the Magic Flute, the latter arriving in stores Oct. 7 in time for the Smurfs’ 50th anniversary.
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/news/h ... e_id=13359

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:43 pm
Hi Thirsty Smurf,

:welcome: to the forum and :thanks2: for posting this great news.

I still haven't watched the movie :shock: but I have a feeling I will have amply of opportunity to remedy this very very soon :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby LadyZod » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:00 pm
I wonder whether it'll have the same voice acting as the US theatrical and video release or if they'll consider a new track.

Maybe the original french dialog with english subtitles?

That's one of the things that bothered me as a kid... the different voices of the Smurfs than those I had gotten used to on Saturday morning.
Anna

Playing with Smurfs since 1981!:smurf1:

Postby Gerda » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:00 am
This is great news, more wonderfull things to look forward to this october :-D
happily smurfing along

Postby Tojo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:32 pm
I love this film, it's very funny, so I'm glad that it's being released in the U.S. too.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bradley » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:02 am
An independent dvd company here in Australia had the Smurfs And The Magic Flute down for release a number of months back but cancelled the release. I had it on pre-order until I received an email to say the distributor had pulled the release.

But in other Smurf DVD news for Australia, Magna Pacific are releasing the final season of the Smurfs, Dvd titled "The Smurfs - Time Travellers". 3-disc set release on November 5th. http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/801856

Brad.

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:09 am
Good and bad news for you then Brad. :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:29 am
Hi Brad,
Have all of the episodes been released on DVD in Australia or only selected episodes of each season? :-?

I guess you would need an universal or Australian DVD player to watch them ? :???:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:48 am
Hi Brad,
Have all of the episodes been released on DVD in Australia or only selected episodes of each season? :-?

I guess you would need an universal or Australian DVD player to watch them ? :???:
The problem with the Australian releases is the company has put out 9 volumes full of episodes all of which are out of order, episodes skipped and then there has been nothing for a few years until this year they packaged all 9 previously released volumes into 1 special anniversary set. And now they are jumping to the last season of the cartoon. This will be a complete season of the 26 eps and in order for once. The region code is Region 4. The dvd will play on region 2 players like in the uk, everywhere else you'd need a multi-region dvd player.

I'm really looking forward to this dvd set! I've pre-ordered already.

Brad.

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:49 am
I didn't realise region 4 DVDs worked in the UK! That could prove very expensive! :-D

Postby bradley » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:15 am
I didn't realise region 4 DVDs worked in the UK! That could prove very expensive! :-D
The same company Magna Pacific who has been releasing The Smurfs here is also the company releasing box sets of The Bill. I'm a huge fan of The Bill! I know a lot of fans over in the uk are importing our sets because the bill isn't available on dvd over there apart from a couple of dvds. So thats an advantage of the region codes. Same goes for region 2 playing on dvd players here in Australia.

Brad.

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 am
I didn't realise "The Smurfs - Time Travellers" was 26 episodes :shock:
I thought it would only have 6 episodes like the previous 9 volumes we had.
That's good to know Brad :D I better pre-order it now for Christmas :-D

I'll have to find out what episodes are on Volume 2 of the US releases as well.
If they are different to our 9 volumes I think I'll end up getting that set as well :banghead:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:57 am
Did anybody get the Aussie Anniversary edition of all of the released episodes?

I am wondering if the DVDs are in individual plastic boxes and if the artwork is as nice as on the individual DVDs. :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby bradley » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:01 pm
Did anybody get the Aussie Anniversary edition of all of the released episodes?

I am wondering if the DVDs are in individual plastic boxes and if the artwork is as nice as on the individual DVDs. :-?
I was tempted to buy that set. The box cover looked great. But I passed. I already brought all 9 individual volumes. So not sure what the art work is like inside or how the discs are layed out inside. If I see it on sale for a bargain price anytime I'll grab it.

Brad.

Postby swarlock » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:53 pm
I wonder whether it'll have the same voice acting as the US theatrical and video release or if they'll consider a new track.

Maybe the original french dialog with english subtitles?

That's one of the things that bothered me as a kid... the different voices of the Smurfs than those I had gotten used to on Saturday morning.
The movie was originally shown to audiences in French overseas in The 70's and when I saw it for the first time a year after the tv show aired in the states I was a bit dissapointed. Especially in Papa Smurf's voice which made him sound like an old geezer.

When Cartoon Network aired it his voice was bit better. I surmise they redub his parts in for the TV airing.
Friendship is everything.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:22 am
Hey Brad

Have you seen volume 9 of the Aussie Smurf DVds still around?

I still haven't found this one in any of the stores that I have been into. I guess I should ask if they can order it in as I might as well get the last one before they become harder to find.

I will pick up the 2nd American version of the Smurf cartoons next week....along with the 3rd season of How I Met Your Mother which also comes out next week.

Dyar

Postby bradley » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:30 am
Hey Brad

Have you seen volume 9 of the Aussie Smurf DVds still around?

I still haven't found this one in any of the stores that I have been into. I guess I should ask if they can order it in as I might as well get the last one before they become harder to find.
I don't think I've seen any of the smurfs volumes anywhere lately.. although I probably just haven't noticed them. I'll keep an eye out. JB HI FI might still have some of them. I never actually got around to watching that last volume (9). Its been a few years now since that last release. Only 1 month to go now until "The Smurfs - Time Travellers" DVD! Looking forward to this set.

Brad.

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:41 am
I don't think I've seen any of the smurfs volumes anywhere lately.. although I probably just haven't noticed them. I'll keep an eye out. JB HI FI might still have some of them.
Thanks for your reply Brad. I want to try and get the last one just to complete the set I suppose.
I never actually got around to watching that last volume (9). Its been a few years now since that last release. Only 1 month to go now until "The Smurfs - Time Travellers" DVD! Looking forward to this set.
I think I only watched the first 2 episodes but they're a nice set to have anyway.

Was the Time Travellers DVD one of the seasons from the cartoon? I don't know a lot about the cartoons but I had a hunch it was one season where they get lost in time, and have to make it back to the village...but end up getting sent to different places in time. Does that sound right or am I way off?

Dyar

Postby bradley » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:37 am
Was the Time Travellers DVD one of the seasons from the cartoon? I don't know a lot about the cartoons but I had a hunch it was one season where they get lost in time, and have to make it back to the village...but end up getting sent to different places in time. Does that sound right or am I way off?

Dyar
Yeah, its the last season of the cartoon series. What I can remember of it the smurfs time travel around the world, different countries, different eras. There is even an episode where they visit Australia!

Brad.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 am
Here is another piece of smurf trivia that I found in one of the SCCI Letters (I seem to find all kind of information in there just not the one I am actually looking for :banghead: )

The SCCI Promo Papa with the dinosaurs was released by SCCI in honor of the time traveler Smurf Cartoon season :D

Hidden in the Woods

Page 1 of 2

Login