Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby kira1970_ » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:40 pm
Hi
I was going through my smurf collection and was going to sell the spares I have collected. I noticed that most of the spares I have had different mould numbers on them. A few of them seem different, either darker in paint or lighter.
Do other collectors keep different mould numbers of the same smurf. Also does the mould number mean anything like adding value to a smurf.

Kira

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:35 am
Hi Kira

Nice to see you here again :D

The mold numbers do not add to the value whatsoever as far as I know. I think generally most collectors disregard the mold numbers all together.

Here is some info from Mushroom Village on the subject

http://www.mushroomvillage.com/smurfs-makesmurfs.html

I hope this helps

Dyar

PS - I might be interested in any spares so let me know what your plans are even if you are listing on Ebay so I can be aware of them?

Postby Rachel » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:13 pm
Hi Kira, I agree with Dyar, I don't think many collectors really worry about the mold numbers too much. :scaredy:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby kira1970_ » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:31 am
Thanks Rachel and Dyar.
That helps alot. I wasn't sure and please forgive me on the spelling of mold. I was typing it and it just didnt look right. I can blame my husband as I asked him which way it was spelt and he said mould. He did it deliberately I think as he has no interest in smurfs :argue:
Again thanks
Kira :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:06 pm
Husbands & boyfriends do that Kira. I remember when Mrs Dyar wanted to purchase an album by Bjork. She asked how to do you pronounce the name. I thought it might be funny to tell her it is pronounced Bork (instead of Byerk) and so she asked the guy at the CD shop for the new album by Bork. Both the guy in the shop and me burst into laughter while poor Mrs Dyar just looked lost and confused. Us guys are mean sometimes but you girls get us back in other ways that are far more devious than anything we could ever come up with.

Dyar....(pronounced Dy-ah)
Page 1 of 1

Login