Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:34 pm
Hi Everyone,

I was talking the other day about the Lucky B*****D award and how I had an entry. Well the big package has finally arrived. There's over 125 smurfs plus accessories. It cost me under $200AU including the airmail registered postage. Basically the seller only had one picture on her listing (of about 20 smurfs) so I asked her to send pics of the rest and she sent me pics of about 75 in total so the last 50 were a surprise. I knew the gargamel mask was in there and the ballgowns. I had no idea about purple mechanic, jungle or angry or any of the other goodies so they were good surprises :)

The first pic is a pic of the whole lot. Sorry about the truckloads of pics.

:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:45 pm
Here's the last of the pics.

The only thing that seems to be wrong with them is that most have black texta initials on them. Does anyone know a good way to remove that?

A few are broken but only about 5 at the most. Some have bits missing, again only about 5.

Does anyone know what those little smurfs at the front in closeup1 are? They seem to be made of a harder plastic.

Postby JT » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:56 pm
Wow Linda!
Very nice purchase indeed :-D
Your wanted list must have shorten to half!! :)

JT

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:57 pm
F%%$$$$ Hell........I mean WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hey Linda...you're right up there for the Lucky B*****d Award now.....it seems it's a 4 horse race between You, Karen, Attom & Rachel at the moment. I wonder who will win the award for January?????

That Purple Mechanic is amazing infact the whole package is incredible....I am so jealous but also so thrilled for you.....I can't believe it and you must be doing laps around Western Australia after seeing what was in that package.

Thanks for your package which came this morning but it kind of pails in comparison to what you received......but it's still a very nice lot to get so a big thanks from me.

Well done....you lucky lucky lucky (unofficial at this stage) b*****d

Dyar.....I think I need to lay down now :) ....and cry :(

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:04 am
Wow Linda!
Very nice purchase indeed :-D
Your wanted list must have shorten to half!! :)

JT

Absolutely JT. I'm glad they're all here. I'll have to clean them up now and then modify that list. I am also bidding on a few things that are in this lot that I didn't know were in there so hopefully someone outbids me! LOL

Dyar: Glad you liked the package. Hope the pics are ok on that CD. This sure was an impressive lot. Maybe a few laps around WA will help me get that 10 kilos off!! hehehe

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:05 am
Wow :shock: :shock: :shock:

You lucky thing :D

Thats an excellent lot Linda, you got a real bargain :worship:

Heaps in that lot I'd love to have :D

Guess you'll be busy updating Tiny Blue Tykes for awhile :)

Raelene

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:18 am
Oh yeah...I forgot...I also finally got my Smurf Vol 2 DVD today hehehehee

and some smurf comics :)

So all round a good smurfie day...though Phil is already nagging me to clean the smurfs up and sell them.

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Wow Linda you have some incredible smurfs there. Well done :D Lucie

Postby Fram » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:55 am
Bunno, I'm so glad for you! That is the best lot in quite a while (at least for that price), with some real goodies (definition of goodies: things I don't have yet :-) ). That purple mechanic is great, and some of the others are quite nice as well (angry, gowns, hurdlers, corn, ...)

The small hard ones in front are Kinder Egg Smurfs, from 1981 or 1983 (I'm not that up t odate on them). You can see them often on eBay Germany. And there is also an Empire Gnome in there, but you probably knew that.

I'm now going to sit in a corner and sulk jealously for a while. :x

Bye :-D
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:40 am
Thanks for the info, Fram. Yeah I knew the Empire one. I have some kinders here but they're not like those ones so I wasn't sure what they were. They're in pretty bad condition anyway.

It certainly was a very very nice surprise that purple mechanic....and of course the lovely Fram as that wasn't in any pic I saw either.

I've also read Pete's care and conservation article on MV so I'm going to give that a try.

So after all that it kinda makes up for being such a dill with the DVD!

Linda (happy happy joy joy)

Postby Gerda » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:18 am
Linda..
WOW nice lot!!

You asked about the magic marker on the bottom of smurfs. I had just gotten a smurf package that had marker on them and on mushroom village they addvertise cleaners to get rid of markers. It is suppose to work like magic. :-? I have not tried it yet, nor have I even bought any yet, but I am thinking of it.
Does anyone here know if this stuff that Pete is advertising even works?

Gerda

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:22 am
WOW WOW WOW Linda!!!! You weren't kidding were you?!!!!!!!

I am really pleased for you, I can feel your excitement bouncing off my modem!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:party: :jester:

I bet you are on :cloud9:

:omg: WOW!!!!!!!!!

Postby pekkelien » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:56 am
nice lot i love the mecanic is it a real whone?

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:00 pm
Well, Linda, since you put the wrong smurf in the helicopter, I really can't forgive you and you should send all of them to my house so I can forgive you :)

Didn't work?

OH well, that is one EXCELLENT package!!! Last year, I won an auction where not all the smurfs were listed and the only surprise I got was the praying smurf. A good one but you got tons of good surprises :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:38 pm
WOW!! Linda!! I love that lot!! what a thrill it must be to open that box!!

hey! I would have paid that much for the purple wrench plumber smurf alone!!!! he is awesome!!!!

and even a good empire gnome too!

it's like you got a 3 yr collection in one lump!! and alot cheaper too!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:14 pm
What a great lot of smurfs Linda and at a great price too. :woohoo:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:37 pm
SVEN: As far as I can tell the purple mechanic is a real one. I have no reason to doubt that it isn't anyway. If anyone can tell me how to tell the difference I will try and do so.

GERDA: I just ordered 2 lots (just to get my money's worth with the postage) of the Remove-Zit from MV and will try it out on one of the more common smurfs first to see if it works. I know people rave about his Formula 9-1-1 so hopefully this one does work. Its been posted now so it should arrive in a week or two.

KAREN: hehehe I told you it was good but it was better than even I was expecting. The purple mechanic, jungle and angry were all a surprise as well as most of the supers. I could see the volleyball one in the picture but that was it. Phil was wondering what on earth I was going on about when I saw the purple mechanic. I was jumping up and down and saying "woah...wait till they all see this lot!!"

STACI: Actually Mr Bunno put that smurf in there. I had a different one and he said thats not the right one. I think we both had the wrong one! I've found the right one now.

To be exact the lot cost me: $131.51US including postage

Theres a few miscellaneous bits and pieces/spare parts that I'll put on my trades page. Someone may want them. There's the punch bag from the boxer super smurf, part of the shopping trolley, diving board tub etc.
Once I clean up the rest they'll probably go on the trades page also.

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:13 pm
Linda - the Remove-zit works miracles!! It makes the dingiest smurfs sparkly white. It takes longer to get magic marker initials off the feet of the smurfs though. Apply it, leave it on for a day or two, then scrape it off and reapply until the ink is gone. It stops working after a couple of days which is why you need to reapply. I got mine directly from www.twinpines.com before Pete stocked it on his website. I sent Andrew some of it months ago, but I don't know if he's tried it yet :o

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:41 pm
Hi Staci,
I went to the twinpines website earlier and read up the info about it. It says its not water soluble. How did you remove it afterwards? I think it said you can use Formula 911 but I don't have any of that. (Maybe detergent will work?) Did you just use a rag or something? Also does it strip paint off also? And in that case can you only apply it to the raw color?

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:23 pm
Linda - I usually scrape it off with a plastic tiny spatula, then wash it with the Formula 9-1-1 but you can wash it with mild detergent to remove the Remove-zit residue, then rinse that off. It says to only use on the raw PVC but I have not noticed any paint come off the smurfs if it gets onto the painted part. It really gets the white PVC VERY white and clean looking.
Page 1 of 2

Login