Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:50 am
Hi guys,

I managed to pick this lovely find for a bargin!

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:52 am
and these...

Notice the smurf on the far right? anyone know what smurf this is? maybe just a bunch of fakes, I suspect. Can anyone enlighten me? it looks like 2.0081 half painted?

Postby steveparkes » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:00 am
Hi papa, congrats on the smurfs..I have the yellow umbrella smurf..but I didn't get it at such a bargain price as that :D

The other smurf looks like the fake tyrolese to me.

Steve.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Postby Papa Smurf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:08 am
Thanks Steve,

I suspected as much...I will let you know when I receive them ;)
The other smurf looks like the fake tyrolese to me.

Steve.

Postby Smurfboy » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:08 am
Papa - your yellow actually looks like the orange umbrella, can you take a better pic?

Postby Papa Smurf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:14 am
oh my - you maybe correct!!! oh welll, I tell you when it arrives - I don't have any better images :(
Papa - your yellow actually looks like the orange umbrella, can you take a better pic?

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:43 am
Yes it looked orange to me as well, I thought it was maybe me going blind so glad you said that Gary! :grin:

Postby Papa Smurf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:11 am
Oh well, I didn't pay too much for; 12 Euro's - I just sell em on.... ;)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:30 am
Hi Papa

You have some really nice fake smurfs there......Father Attom will be so pleased with your work. I would love to add a few of these to my collection but what else is new...I want everything...lol

Dyar

PS - There is no PS tonight

Postby chesneysmurf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:49 am
It looks yellow on my computer. I've always wanted to find a yellow umbrella smurf!! Maybe one day I will! :-D
Lacey

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:52 am
Oh well, I didn't pay too much for; 12 Euro's - I just sell em on....
Yes I noticed you were selling those fake glass type smurfs, what were they like when you got them?

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:54 am
I've always wanted to find a yellow umbrella smurf!! Maybe one day I will! :-D
Me too Lacey.....I am waiting patiently for one to come along but so far I haven't seen any.

Dyar

PS - I hope that your one is a yellow one though Papa.....if so you got a very good bargain but it does look more orangey to me.

Postby chesneysmurf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:16 am
I know how you feel Dyar. I've only seen like 2 in the past 3 years or so. :-(
Lacey

Postby Papa Smurf » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:31 am
What do you mean what were they like? I received the one with a broken arm, but the seller is going to GIVE me (yes, give me for free) a rare fake from her main collection! top seller - top seller!!! I am selling them because I am trying to get genuine fakes...does that make sense? lol

They are fairly detailed, but brittle and I also what smurf that my friends and vistors can easily see the details of my smurf, these were clear so it's kinda hard to see the detail...

Oh well, I didn't pay too much for; 12 Euro's - I just sell em on....
Yes I noticed you were selling those fake glass type smurfs, what were they like when you got them?
Postby steveparkes » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:26 am
well if you want to sell the signbearer smurf on Papa..I'll take him. I am always wanting signbearers for my 40+ smurf flags :-D

Steve.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:46 am
I just wondered why you were selling them? You were so pleased with them when you won them originally so obviously they weren't as you expected and I was curious to find out what they were like as I have never seen smurfs like that before.

I see you have a bidder, let's hope they live very close to you so you don't have to post them, I assume that's how they got broke? What a shame. Glad to hear it has all worked out well with the seller though. Good luck with your auction! :grin:
Postby attombomb7 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:16 am
I jsut saw this post..and that is a very nice lot you got Papa!!!

hopefully a yellow mushroom too! but even without its a nice lot!!

the fakes are the older ones and much nicer!!!!

I have thoses...and they are really kewl!

hope to find out about the mushroom... when he arrives..

I saw one sell to our favourite buyer on EBAY last month..

Attom :D :D

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:22 pm
Hi there, we won an auction recentley with a mushroom umbrella smurfs variations. One of which we thought was yellow. It turned out to be a very light orange . I wasnt too dissapointed tho . When i checked them all (i have 5 in total) they are all different variations. One has a black dot west germany (red umbrella). One has a mustard dot(red umberella) Blue dot (red umberella)My two orange ones One is very pale orange Wallace Berrie co Hongkong , the other darker orange and has just Hong kong on his foot. So as you can imagine i was most happy with these. I have them all standing on my Glamour magazine so i can admire them whilst drinking my cuppa tea and eating my chocolate. :grin: lucie
Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:52 pm
well if you want to sell the signbearer smurf on Papa..I'll take him. I am always wanting signbearers for my 40+ smurf flags :-D
I got these flags too Steve....so did another very good friend of mine down in Australia. I think the Signbearers have suddenly risen in popularity and demand now as I am sure everybody who bought those flags will be trying to hunt them down now.....I hope there's enough to go round....oh and good luck in your search, hopefully we will all find enough.

Cheers

Dyar
Postby steveparkes » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:33 am
I got my collection out of storage today to photograph the yellow umbrella smurf for you all to see. My camera isn't good at macro, but it lets you see him. He is a Hong Kong variation:

Steve.

Page 1 of 2

Login