Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 5 of 6

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:54 am
Um, I guess me working out would then look like :fish: ?

:-D
:) LMAO :)

PS - I am turning a blind eye Stace...doesn't mean it don't hurt :(

Postby Fram » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:07 am
Oh, that wouldn't be the eye I just stabbed my spear in, no? I'm sorry it's blind, I hope you have another one :cyclops:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:25 am
LMAO

Fram you are a scream!!!! :cheers: :) :) :)

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:43 pm
Fram just please don't hug Dyar again - he'll get quite excited and his other eye will be blind to me :) :) :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Fram » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:28 am
No worries, I won't. Once was more than enough :) :o :o :o

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:44 am
No worries, I won't. Once was more than enough :) :o :o :o
Oh Fram...that's what all the girls say.....um :-? but you are the first male Belgium Jungle smurf with a spear stuck to his foot to say that to me.

Dyar

PS - I did notice the sensation of a second spear though :eek:

Postby Fram » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:49 am
But that's not stuck to my foot, no sir! :cool:

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:28 pm
Just playing catch up with this post! It's funny to find out what is everybody up to!

For myself, I play with Silicon...

No no Stacie, not that kind of Silicon!
Silicon as in Semiconductors... Basically any black looking device, usually square with lots of pins (metal legs) sticking out which you will commonly find in electronic devices: Integrated circuits. I design them (well some of them)

From industrial stuff to consumer products. Almost any applications you can think about. If you have had an Ericsson or a Nokia mobile phone in your hands within the last 5 years, there was most likely one of our chip inside it. If you have bought a Philips Boombox in the past 3 years, it has our chip in it... If you have used a computer with USB2 interface on it, it most likely has our chip (although competitors are catching up with that one now).

Kind of job which can be very exciting if you work with some exciting people with an exciting project.... or which can be very boring when you work with complete paranoid subject (for example anything linked to security)...

Project I'm working on at the moment is to do with Credit Card readers. It's to do "Chip & Pin", which is spreading accross the globe as the preferred method of payment in shops and retailers. (Too much fraud with signature only systems - well the truth is that the liability is being transferred to the shopkeeper rather than the bank).

So here you go...

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Tojo » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:16 am
Hi all,

I thought it's about time I said what I do to earn my daily crust (or the liquid form of bread i.e. :beer: !!). I work for one of the large German banks in Frankfurt (otherwise known as Mainhatten as Frankfurt is on the river Main & the city has skyscrapers which is uncommon in Germany). I work in the computer centre monitoring the mainframe computers & the batch runs. If big boxes with flashing lights, tickertape & tape drives come to mind then that's way out of date. Such computers haven't been used for about 20 years. :rip: Modern mainframe computers are about the size of a wardrobe, are black, hum quietly to themselves (but not the smurfsong!), & are in effect nothing more than powerful PC's with loads of network cables joined to them. In other words, :yawning: :sleep: We work in shifts (hence my posts are sometimes written in the middle of the night & sometimes in the daytime) & I'm one of the shiftleaders (benefit - more money. bad point - get shat on by bosses!).

:cheers: Tojo

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:29 am
I thought it's about time I said what I do to earn my daily crust (or the liquid form of bread i.e. :beer: !!).
LOL...Tojo, now I know the real reason you are living in Germany :D ....I will be there soon

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:42 am
Hi Dyar,

the Tojo family will be looking out the window for you :)

If there's one thing that there's a lot of here it's good :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: . Oh... and dark bread and sausages and sandals and mercedes cars and er... smurfs in the toy shops.

:cheers:

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:52 am
Hey Tojo, do you know if I send a UK bank euro cheque to a bank account in Germany whether they will get stuck with large charges to bank it?

Postby Tojo » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:41 am
Sorry Karen,

I'm afraid I've no idea. I've never had any experience with sending payments per cheque in europe. I've only ever used money transfer or credit card & then had to pay the exchange rate charges :sad:

perhaps your bank can help

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:56 am
Hi Dyar,

the Tojo family will be looking out the window for you :)

If there's one thing that there's a lot of here it's good :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: . Oh... and dark bread and sausages and sandals and mercedes cars and er... smurfs in the toy shops.

:cheers:
I will be the one staggering down the street asking everyone I meet...where's Tojo's house and why is everyone a twin around here :)

Actually Germany seems to have lovely people as well....at least that's the way it seems from the smurf deals.

Dyar

Postby smurfcrazie » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:39 pm
I know I am way behind on answering the question but being a recent newbie member to this forum I am answering it now.Plus it will give other newbies a chance to add their info along if they like.

I am a instructional assistant.It is almost like a teacher but with less schooling.I work with kids from kinder to grade 6.But mainly with kids who have learning problems like add/adhd,downes syndrome,fetal alcohol syndrome etc etc...
They are great.
Plus I am a full time mom of 2 kids as well.
Sherry

Smurfy things come in small packages

Postby aussiesmurfer » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:09 am
Hi all,

It is great to read about what everyone does for a living. I am a stay at home mum to a 2 yr old and we hope to have another child soon. In my life before Cameron, I was a hairdresser for 7yrs. My mum is a hairdresser also and we had our own salon. The main thing I learnt from running a small business was that its much less stressful to work for someone else and take home a set pay check each month! It was a great experience and I'm glad we did it but I don't need to go there again. I hope to study in the future and have a career change, now I just need to decide what I want to do!

Trish :)

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:18 am
Hee hee you would have a fit at my hair!!! I've cut my own hair for a long time and only go to the hairdressers once or twice a year. Last summer I made a really silly decision and went to the hairdresser for a change and had my really long hair cut very short. It was nice at first but then I realised that to keep it short I would definitely have to keep going back to the hairdressers to get it cut (I can't cut my own hair at the back, I tried once and results were hysterical to say the least! :) ).

Now I am trying to grow it again and everytime a bit doesn't look right I chop it off (talking about my hair here, don't have a fit, Andrew!) and let's just say it doesn't look so hot, lol. :) :)

Postby aussiesmurfer » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:24 am
Hey Karen, I would be happy to try and sort it out for you! :)

Could be the most expensive haircut ever, what with air fares and all! :sun:

Trish.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:30 am
Oo yes that would be lovely. If you start offering travel inclusive haircuts at a reasonable price then I may take you up on that!! :) :)

I need one of those websites where you can stick your face under different hairstyles to check out what it looks like, anyone know one of those? Hey they would be cool, we could try smurfs with different hairstyles!! :) :)

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:19 pm
Mrssamwisegamgee tryed one of them sight Karen when we we going to her brothers wedding to help decide on a hair cutt it was funny putting all them hair styiles on her face some of them looked so wierd, but at the same time cool as i like crazzy stuff. :) :) I never thought of doing it with a smurf thats a great idea!!. :-D
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D :D
Page 5 of 6

Login