Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Benny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:50 am
Hi Lia,
True, sellers often use the wrong names, but I assume that the names in a catalogue are the "official"names?
However, there is a mistake in the Mafi catalogue, they call nr. 20014 ( the sunbather) paresseux, but that is the french name for the digger.
And they call the digger ( 20041) terrassier???

Lia

I think these are the official french names.

The names of the 2.0014:

in English "sunbather"

in German "Schlafschlumpf" translated "sleeping smurf"

in French "paresseux" translated "lazy"

Then the names of the 2.0043:

in English "digger"

in German "Faulenzer" tanslated "lazy guy"

in French "terrassier" translated "worker"

You see, not every name of the same smurf in a different language has completely the same meaning. I think there are some more examples. :)

Postby Lia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:09 am
thanks Benny!
We`ve discussed the different names of the sunbather in another topic.
I always see "paresseux" used by french and canadian sellers for the digger, so I`m really surprised that this is the official name for the sunbather :-?
But I love foreign languages and I am always interested in learning something new!

Lia
Postby Benny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:56 am
Hi Lia,
I always see "paresseux" used by french and canadian sellers for the digger, so I`m really surprised that this is the official name for the sunbather
That's a very intersting thing!

But I love foreign languages and I am always interested in learning something new!
For me its the same!

Therefore, I have dusted off the little collector's catalog 1983 from Schleich. As you know, there is this French version. Look at the names. Schleich and MAFI used these names.

smurfy greetings

Benny
Attachments
Schleich_collectorscatalogue_1983_french_terrassier-1.jpg
Schleich_collectorscatalogue_1983_french_terrassier-1.jpg (94.47 KiB) Viewed 1346 times
Schleich_collectorscatalogue_1983_french_parreseux.jpg
Schleich_collectorscatalogue_1983_french_parreseux.jpg (82.11 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
Schleich_collectorscatalogue_1983_french_cover.jpg
Schleich_collectorscatalogue_1983_french_cover.jpg (105.65 KiB) Viewed 1343 times

Postby Lia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:04 am
it`s clear Benny,

How do we tell this to the french sellers? 8-)

Postby Benny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:11 am
Hahaha I think its nearly impossible! We should make smurf collectors catalogues in many different languages and not only german (like DSK)! :)

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:30 am
A great set of scans! Thank you! :D
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Page 2 of 2

Login