Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:55 am
Hiya guys !:hiya:

As I mentioned in another thread http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/viewtop ... &start=100, I came across a very odd Santa. Somehow the colour of the overcoat has altered on some place from red to a flo yellow, furthermore the sack has turned into grey and the trumbone looks odd as well. I highly assume, that this could result from acid though. I guess Joaquin could be an expert on that topic.
Attachments
santa acid.jpg
santa acid.jpg (71.83 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

Postby Benny » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:17 pm
Hi Dominique,

here's a small article about the properties of PVC:

...The addition of plasticizers allows the hardness and toughness of PVC vary good. It can be dyed. PVC absorbs water, is resistant to acids, alkalis, alcohol, oil and gasoline. PVC is attacked by acetone, ether, benzene, chloroform, and hydrochloric acid. Rigid PVC can be good, soft PVC handle poorly machined. At temperatures of 120 - 150 ° C can be deformed without cutting it. Connections can be made ​​with a special adhesive or by welding with hot air...

I hope it is helping you

smurfy greetings

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:00 am
Thank you, Benny. :hug: :D

Postby Pitufo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:02 am
I do agree with the info Benny has shared, and believe me, Dom...I am an expert in NOTHING!!!!!Jejejeje. I left the chemistry many years ago. Of course I do know the most important things a chemistru would know but things go so fast in sciences that sometimes I have the impression I studied Chemistry at XIX century
JOAQUÍN

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:19 am
Thank you Joaquin. :D (Don't bother though, my brother. :hug:)

Postby bwalters » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:08 am
I also am no expert at this stuff. I just want to point out that the article is talking about PVC pipe and not Smurfs, Nor does it refer to the paint that is used on Smurfs. I certainly will not be the one testing my Smurfette batter to see if acid will hurt PVC. :) :) :)
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login