Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:04 pm
:beer: :beer:

HI!!

I received a jokey smurf with a surprise box --with Gargamel popping up!! this morning!!

I had one from 1 yr ago....and bought this one on EBAY last week..for a fair good lower $$$..

I noticed the new one is different from the one I had!

1)the new one says made in HOng Kong-Scleich 1983-Peyo
w.Berrie

the Gargamel on this one has a completely painted face! darker skin painted and more details...

;lol: ;lol: :lol:

the older one I had says:

W.Germany-Peyo 1982 Schelich #3

the Gargamel on this on is pvc with painted hair and eyes and mouth!
raw skin rubber with no paint at all!

THe good news is that the HOng Kong one is valued higher in the Katalog..and I paid way less for it..:lol:

I will post better pics later... I know Dyar may want them for his checklist.. the descriptions will help others..

I had no idea that the face of gargamel could be different :lol:

Attom:lol:

here is a pic from the Ebay listing for now.. :cheers:

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:02 pm
Well done Attom , Two very nice variations you have there :D lucie

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:49 pm
Yes, fab, he is on my want list! :-D

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:39 pm
Hi Attom

Thanks for the info. I only have one of these and I was so happy like smurfysteve when I finally did get one. They are cool smurfs and it would be nice to have a few different ones of these someday.

I printed out my Katalog a couple of months ago but now virtually on every page there has been new markings listed in with pen so I might have to print out a lot of them again with the new markings as well as the fakes that are now in sight. This hobby never ends....lol....I think that's a good thing.

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:04 pm
HI dyar!

thanks:lol: I know what you mean...I thought when I had the firstone it was such a thrill..but I hope to get doubles of some of the rarer ones

so I can always trade maybe for something special..or sell one or keep both!! hehehe only this one back fired..cause ther were two versions.>!

I love the check list idea you have!! and soon you will be a great expert on variations too!!

Also thank goodness they mademillions of smurfs...there isnothing like ahobby theat finsihes..its boring..!! I LOVE the challange..and its fairly affordable for now.>! anyone can afford a smurf!!

Attom:) :lol:

Postby Fram » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:01 am
Last number I have heard is that there were made more than 300 million PVC Smurfs. I don't know if that is Schleich only or Bully included, but it is an impressive figure...
There are definitely enough Smurfs for all of us! :cheers:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:29 pm
Last number I have heard is that there were made more than 300 million PVC Smurfs. I don't know if that is Schleich only or Bully included, but it is an impressive figure...
There are definitely enough Smurfs for all of us! :cheers:

OOOOOOOH!! we are doomed to collect them all!!! hehehehehe!

I wish I had just started the company Schleich instead...much easier and cheaper!! hehehehe

Attom :lol:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:56 pm
So glad you got it. As dyer said i was jumping for joy and screaming from the roof tops when i got mine he is my most treasherd smurf now and is in pride of place on my shelf. It is a great feeling when theres somthing you want despratly but never in a million years think you will get it, but when you do its wondufull, nice buy. Well done.
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D :-D
Postby attombomb7 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:57 pm
hi Steve!!

yesI know what you mean!! I love this one!!...its so kewl!! and its a great display smurf!!

I look at him all the time!!!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)
Page 1 of 1

Login