Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:31 am
I was looking at Oprime's Smurfs list and it reminded of something I always wondered:

Does anybody know why Schleich have left these numbers out:

The Scheich numbering system seems to be well organised and relatively simple to understand... well most of the times... There are a few oddities like the numbers for Johan and Pewet...

But for two numbers to be missing like that, it's like if there has a trial smurf which never made it to the shops... now the question is... I wonder what that trial smurf was... Another for the X-Files?

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby JT » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:33 am
Hi.
Ain´t #40244 a Tea Set? It´s here on my list which I also got from Pauli´s page. I don´t recall seeing such set yet.
#40251 is missing though. :?

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:05 am
Hi David & JT

I think 40244 wasn't used JT as I am pretty sure that the Tea Set is 40245 although I often get confused with these as some people have different numbers for different smurfs depending on where you look.

I have often wondered this question too David. Also why was the same number used twice (20496) with Papa Conductor (Marching Band) & Smurf in Bunny Suit which makes absolutely no sense at all.

I can only think that there were smurfs for the missing numbers that were never released but it's strange that the number remains unused.

I have to admit that the numbers are a bit over the place in some areas like the Canadian Ice Hockey players & Millennium (2000) smurfs and then again with the Olympic supers that were given numbers way ahead of the current crop at the time. Also why were the Canadian smurfs given different numbers when a lot of other promos/variations do not and I guess the same applies to the Easter smurfs that had new versions released in 1996.

Also the Smurfs with Surprise Cones are different depending on where you see them with the colours of the cone & the Schleich numbers.

I have asked Pete at MV this question but he has had trouble finding an answer due to records not been properly kept but hopefully he or someone will be able to answer these mysteries soon.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:07 am
4.0244 Invisible Smurf
4.0251 Invisible Smurfette

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:20 am
Ah well now that makes sense Karen....no wonder we don't see anything next to those numbers......either that or the smurfs died in production.

Dyar

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:14 pm
Thanks for pointing out that 20496 stuff! I had never noticed that before!
That's quite Smurfy actually! :D :D :D

The invisble smurf & smurfette then... I'll go for that! :-D

Cheers,

David

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:34 pm
Yes I seem to have plenty of invisible smurf and smurfettes. trouble is I can never find them! :-? :D
Anyone wanting to swap please get in touch :D :-D

Smurfysteve

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:56 pm
Hi Smurfy Steve

I have some Invisible Smurfs & Smurfettes ready to trade......the postage is really cheap too no matter how many you buy from me.

Dyar

Postby XoioX2000 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:38 am
Syd!

Thanks ever so much for these 2 absolutely superbe smurfs!
:grin: :grin:
They have now taken a place of pride in my collection: You forgot to tell me what they looked like so I have added a pic.

On the left we have

Super Smurf 4.0244 Invisible Smurf (inc. acc.: an invisible bath)
looking horrified as he comes out the bath and just realised he is invisible.

Super Smurf 4.0251 Invisible Smurfette (inc. acc: an invisible stand up mirror on a mushroom stem)
She is in a very tight outfit, holding her hair. (Clearly a variation of 20034).

Wow! Thanks Syd for that! and the postage was cheap as well! Extremely fast delivery too... light speed actually! 8)

Cheers,

David

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:12 am
Actually, maybe they are ghost smurfs!! We should call Stephen in to investigate this!!!! LOL

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:17 am
Hi David

I am glad you liked them and that they have found a new home. I was wondering if maybe there were raws as they are clearly not painted but I could never tell one way or the other. People have PM'd me telling me that they are fakes because they have never seen them before but they are in the Katalog it's just that they are invisible so people probably don't see them but they are there.

Congratulations David on purchasing these as they are never seen on Ebay.....or anywhere else for that matter.

Dyar

PS - That's a good idea Karen bringing Steve with his experience into the smurfer natural into this as his findings may prove once and for all just what these smurfs are.......or were.

Postby Rachel » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:38 pm
You guys :D :D :D :D

Anyway, back to reality.......

In my HUMBLE opinion, I think it is just down to the fact that Schleich were pretty poor at record keeping. Smurfs were produced as cheap children's products, not for us lot (collectors), I think I am correct in thinking that production numbers weren't introduced for a the first few years. This would certainly explain why some smurfs have lower production numbers than smurfs that were actually released before them.

It will be interesting to see what happens with future releases, will they try and fill in the gaps?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:44 pm
I think it one of thouse unexplained mistereys perhaps we could get the most haunted team to contact peyo to find out what they were if he knew? :D :D

Talking of future relises id love to know what the new smurfs are going to be for 2005? I know its to early to find out but im impatiant 8-) Smurfy regards, Steve. :-D :-D

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:35 pm
That's a point Steve!

It's getting closer to that time of the year again... I wonder when people get to know what are the new ones...

We are due for some super smurfs actually: there hasn't been any for the past 2 years. I think?

Cheers,

David

Postby Rachel » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:28 pm
Yes, new super smurfs would be nice, maybe some playsets as well?
We can dream. :eek:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:41 pm
I asked Schleich the other day about the new ones but they are saying end of the year before they tell anyone. Richard from Astro Treasure Chest told me what the new releases were last year before Schleich did, so he may be the first man in the know!

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:01 pm
I agree more supers and playsets next year please. I still want an Indian playset with Teepee and Totem Pole......please please Schleich.

Dyar

PS - ....and a Pirate Ship too

PPS - Syd has requested a Sydette (with many variations of lingerie) and a pub as well as another establishment which I do not think he will ever get from Schleich that would really defeat the purpose of all of those Sydettes anyway.

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:59 pm
Funny you should say that about an indian tepe set thats one of the thing on my to make list iv already worked it all out just got to find the time to make it!! :-D But i still want to know what next years new ones are!!!!!!!!!! :( :( Smurfy regards, Steve. :-D :-D

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:28 am
Hey do you hear about the Indian that drank 53 cups of tea? He died in his own Tea pee (tepe) . Oh dear my jokes really are pants. :o lucie

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:12 pm
....and I thought my jokes were bad......actually I really liked that one Lucie.......when they told the Indian's wife that he was dead she just said How.

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login