Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:31 am
hi!

I bought my first "muster" smurf last night!

I know a bit about them from other posts..as far as I know its some sort of quality test smurf from Schleich???

any more info will help???
thanks

Attom :D :D

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:17 am
Very nice, Attom!! :-D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Papa Smurf » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:31 am
Very, very, very, very NICE, attom!!! Weldone - how much did you get it for?
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:23 am
hi! papa!

it was $67. usa

I suppose that is good?/ for one of these... I have seen regular "muster" smurfs before once in a while on EBAY.. but not a good one like this..

attom:lol
Postby steveparkes » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:07 pm
Well done Attom, nice muster..I have a few musters myself..I really like them, although I haven't seen alot of them lately.

Steve
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Rachel » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:53 pm
Great smurf Attom, I love the muster smurfs too. I think we have 3 or 4. Normal, Papa and the Artist super smurf, maybe another.

I have my own personal theory on these smurfs. I think they could well have been produced as a guide for the painters. A smurf which is "perfectly" painted would be marked with this then sent around to the painters so they new exactly what should be painted where. Just my opinion, probably totally wrong but would explain why there are a few of these around and how they ended up on the open market when supposedly they were only ever kept for reference under lock & key. :?

Any other theories or even better facts? :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:00 pm
hi Rachel~

that is so interesting...!!! and makes a lot of sense..!

I love Steve's papa smurf and that lawn mower one too!! and the fireman?> very cool..I bet they weren't easy to find!!

I think I even remember the painter muster one of Ebay several months ago...~~~

its the first time I saw one!!

I looked up "muster" and it means "pattern"? so maybe you are right!!!

Attom:lol:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:38 pm
Hi guys

Congrats Attom I was watching (only) that auction and was really happy for you when you won. I love all of those smurfs above and I am sure I would be very proud if I owned some of them too. I haven't mustered any Muster smurfs yet but I am sure one day I will be in the market for them and most likely competing with you lot.....LOL....oh, and bloddy rohlinge I couldn't forget him.

Dyar

PS - I wonder if they made a Muster Smurfette Rollerskater....and I wonder if it has official paint rubs on it?
Postby attombomb7 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:12 am
Hi Dyar!

thanks so much! ..and you did make me laugh with the roller smurfette "muster" line....:lol: LOL

I hope I don't see toomany Muster's for some time..I'd go broke ! ehhehe

so the field is open

attom:lol: :))

Postby Rachel » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:02 am
I can see me going up the attic a bit later today to check but I am pretty sure our muster painter was a MIB buy and we didn't even know it was a muster until he arrived. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:39 am
I am pretty sure our muster painter was a MIB buy and we didn't even know it was a muster until he arrived. :-D
It muster slipped the seller's mind at the time of sale.

Dyar

...sorry I have a new word to play with.
Postby attombomb7 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:19 am
hey Dyar

I saw this auction this morning ...its not a muster but I'm sure Syd could use another girl in his harem>?????

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 34641&rd=1

attom:lol:
Page 1 of 1

Login