Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:38 pm
Well my big king arrived today. He has the same markings as the one Rachel has pictured. Looks to be the same thing. He came in a felt bag, kind of like a santa's bag. No paper work and no box, except for the shipping box wich took a beating and because of it the crown lost some of it's paint :-(
Havening never seen or hold the real one that Rachel has I could not tell you if it is a reproduction (fake) or not. Just from the pictures I don't see no diffrence.
I will be interested to hear what Rachel says once she has a chance to compare the two (you did pick one up Rachel didn't you :smile: )
Fake or not he is cute and I have already made room for him.
:grin: :-D :grin: :-D

Gerda

Postby Rachel » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:03 pm
Hi Gerda, hmmmm.... I was only thinking Today that mine is due any day. I am looking forward to comparing the 2 although I am actually hoping deep down that it is a fake after the amount I paid for my first one.
Mine did come in an official box and had a special molded plastic holder within the box. Does yours have a small gold broach to hold his gown on? Curiousity gettting the better of me now. :roll:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Gerda » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:24 pm
No broach.. just the smurf, cap/gown and the septar and then the bag it came in. I wish it did come in a box or something sturdier then the bag and shipping box, maybe then I would not have lost any paint on the crown. The crown paint by the way looks like a foil type paint. Also for some reason the little guy seemed oily like he had baby oil on him :???: :???: Weird.. probably fake though, but still a nice find since I probably could never afford the real thing :( :( :-( :-(
:cry: Gerda
Please let me know what you think of him, if he is a close duplicate or way off... would be interested to hear what you think.

Postby Rachel » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:27 pm
Of course, hopefully Tomorrow. :smile:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:34 pm
Hi Gerda, that is cool that you have received your and I am sure it must be my turn next :-D I am very close to purchasing one of these as the first of my big smurfs...I am dreaming there will be more as I am sure you know. It's odd that it has the same markings as I wasn't expecting that but that probably makes it better.

Dyar

Postby XoioX2000 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:16 pm
Mine is on its way... so I'm being told... I'll let you know if there's any writing on it... it will be my first big smurf too!

Well there was that one... but I got hungry on day, and thought about it, you know... and then I sneezed... Another lost dinner...

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:04 pm
Hi David

Don't you like your smurf well done? I hate when they are under cooked myself....especially the raw ones...yuck

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:15 am
Well I can confirm that these large King smurfs are 100% fake rip offs. They are very poor quality compared to the original, I am pretty sure the body is using the same mold (hence the markings being the same), I am not so sure about the head. The paint quality is very poor, a different paint has been used, Gerda, mine also has the paint peeling off the crown.
The cloak is similar material but not exactly the same and is slightly smaller in overall size. Also there is no gold broach as with the original.
Again, the sack is similar but not quite so good in quality and of course there is no official box and packaging.

I am glad that I bought this one, purely to be sure it is a fake, I won't be buying any more of these. My question has to be though, why isn't IMPS doing anything about them, they are quick enough to complain about copyright infingement on websites where no money is being made. The crooks who are producing these are making a LOT of money out of them. :x

Apologies for the photos, I wanted to show them as quick as possible so have taken them in the "rubbish tip" of my room. :grin:

Postby Gerda » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:26 am
Thanks for letting me/us know Rachel.
Even if it is fake, wich I assumed it was, I am not upset to have bought it though. It is nice to have a really big smurf at an affordable price :grin:
(I can be a cheapy some times, thus I am afraid my collection will never be what it could be. I must learn to loosen the purse strings :( :( )
I have never seen imps go after any one before.. have they really shut down websites? WHY?? Seems kind of stupid to me.

Thanks again Rachel.
Gerda
Postby attombomb7 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:56 am
hi Rachel and Gerda!

that is so good in a way that now we all know...

and that people who paid alot of $$ feel ok still!..

I think for the low price on those fakes..is still a great bargain for a kewl smurf and for display... its still nice..

I wish I could have all three of them..the real one ...the new fake and the

newest white body one..... I have no space for larger ones..but the

three kings would make a great XMAS display :lol: hehehe

thanks to both for the great info!!

I may get a fake one ..still thinking

attom:D

Postby Gerda » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:04 pm
Attom..
Three smurf wise men for Christmas?!!!? What a great idea!! :idea: I can see it now.. the tree decorated with smurf lights and smurf ornaments.. smurf Christmas stockings hanging by the fireplace.. and the three smurf kings standing over all of it.
Would it be sacreligous to replace the Nativity with all smurfs? :?:
Gerda

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:08 pm
the tree decorated with smurf lights
I promise I haven't been drinking but I misread this at first, I thought it said the tree decorated with smurf tights!! :o

I was imagining a tree decorated in women's tights, and then thinking smurf tights (never seen those before :| and there's a thought!! :idea: ) and then I suddenly realised you said lights! :D :-D

Postby Gerda » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:13 pm
smurf tights

OH MY :o :o :D :D That would be a sight!!
I am sure they where made at one point though.. I have never seen any, but little girls tights come to mind. and I could bet they where made with smurfs on them too. Don't know for certain.
gerda

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:41 pm
Smurf tights would be quite tiny - may need hundreds of little smurfs to donate their tights for the tree :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:31 am
I promise I haven't been drinking but I misread this at first, I thought it said the tree decorated with smurf tights!! :o
Karen, I have noticed that it is quite often that you read things with a bit more, let's say, entertaining thoughts that there actually is in the specified text... come on Karen, is there anything that you are trying to tell us? :-D :-D :-D :-D

Rachel, just got mine today. I like it coz it's now my first big smurf (officially)! I'll wait a bit before I eat that one though.

I can't agree more with everything you have put about him: The crown also has some paint missing. but I'm still happy I've got it...

Cheers,

David
XoioX2000

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:19 am
Rachel, just got mine today.
Thought you meant tights there for a minute, David! Are you going to model them? :-D

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:24 am
Oh! :o Dear Karen! Darling, if you think I can fit into something that small your are truely mistaken :-D ... I need the upper upper size... and I don't tend to go for white, it doesn't agree with my tan... I'm more black sort of, you know, "things" you see...

Unless, of course you mean... no surely, you couldn't... no,no... :D :D :D

Davina

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:36 am
Did someone mention tights....what do you guys want to know about them, I should show you my Christmas stockings but my legs need shaving...... :o .....oops wrong forum......tights, what tights, never heard of them before...honestly

Dyar'fish'nett
Page 1 of 1

Login