Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby attombomb7 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:30 pm
hey!!

I just bought a smurf on a scooter...a buy it now..

[img]hhttp://www.kittyscavern.com/forum/files/df_1_b_643.jpg[/img]

he looks very different... its the applause one...

I also wanted to know I bought a applause smurf holding a mushroom
at a local fleamarket on Sunday..but he is no on Mushroom.com or in the Price Guide??

I know he can't be rare..or anything...but did they just forget to put him in the katalog????????

know anything>???

thanks

Attom:D

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:39 pm
Hi Attom

That's an awesome smurf to buy and you got it for a unbelieveable price too. I have wanted this smurf for a long time and you have done really well finding one at such a cheap price as those Applause smurfs can go a lot higher than that.

I can't help you with the Applause Smurf holding a Mushroom though at least not at work but I will have a look when I get home and see if I can find anything about it.

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Smurfboy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:40 pm
Do you have a picture or any more info on his markings Attom? What most people do not know is that Applause and Wallace Berrie were the same company years ago. It may be a case of him being on a Applause Card and has the Wallace Berrie markings.
Postby steveparkes » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:37 pm
Hi Attom, a good buy there..do you have the other 3?

I can't help you with the mushroom smurf, I've never seen one.

Steve.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Postby Smurfboy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:32 am
I also wanted to know I bought a applause smurf holding a mushroom at a local fleamarket on Sunday..but he is no on Mushroom.com or in the Price Guide??

I know he can't be rare..or anything...but did they just forget to put him in the katalog????????

know anything>???

thanks

Hey Attom - I hope this picture helps it is the four versions I have........ Gary
:-D :-D :-D :o
Postby attombomb7 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:10 am
Do you have a picture or any more info on his markings Attom? What most people do not know is that Applause and Wallace Berrie were the same company years ago. It may be a case of him being on a Applause Card and has the Wallace Berrie markings.

thanks gary! I will try to take a closeup of the smurf and the feet this evening and post it..
so far it says on his foot: peyo, Applause T.M. , China

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:11 am
Hi Attom, a good buy there..do you have the other 3?

I can't help you with the mushroom smurf, I've never seen one.

Steve.

HI Steve !! those are really WOnderful!! and no I only have this one so far!

Attom :D

HI

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:13 am
Hi GAry!

I'm sure the one I have is the one in your picture!!

only mine had no card...

is he not listed in the katalog???

attom:D

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:06 am
Hi Attom

I almost have at least one smurf for every one of the older generation smurfs that isn't mentioned in the Katalog. I heard that the author only lists ones that are majorly different but I have a lot of ones that are slightly different to the ones mentioned yet there is no listing for them. It's hard to know how many different variations there are out there as I have about 7 different mushroom smurfs in markings and colours (orange & red) and the Katalog only mentions 4 including the yellow one. Perhaps some are considered too close to the others to be worth considered a variation but I think the ones I have a slightly different.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:34 pm
Hey!

I noticed that alot too! with the Katalog!

maybe we should do a better Katalog!???? one that has everything !!!

makes sense??? even questionable items can go in it ..as long as they have a smurf.!

it can be a basic Katalog for smurf collectables..not just licenced items..

I mean all other collectables have a general guide why not smurfs!!???

hehehe

we will call it the DYat katalog!! I'll pay for it! oops!

Postby Rachel » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:07 pm
Nice Applause smurf Attom, I like these little guys too. I only have the car soo far. :smile:

Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Smurfboy » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:35 pm
Hi Attom

I almost have at least one smurf for every one of the older generation smurfs that isn't mentioned in the Katalog. I heard that the author only lists ones that are different but I have a lot of ones that are different to the ones mentioned yet there is no listing for them. It's hard to know how many different variations there are out there as I have about 7 different mushroom smurfs in markings and colours (orange & red) and the Katalog only mentions 4 including the yellow one. Perhaps some are considered too close to the others to be worth considered a variation but I think they're different.

Dyar
I was thinking the same thing, between all of us here we should be able to do a online catalog with pics and descriptions filling in from all of our collections - what do you think? I would be willing to help do it. Gary

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:11 am
I am afraid we are not allowed to do that because of copyright restrictions, Frank already told me that.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:20 am
I like Frank's Katalog anyway. The ones that were not mentioned beforehand I have added to my list but I would not of had the ability to have what I have now if it wasn't for the work of Frank in the first place. Now it is very easy for me to add an odd one here or there as I find them. I dread the thought of having to start from scratch and all of the research that would of gone into his publications.

Maybe I could send some of the extra listings I have to the author which possibly could be added. I would like to see every known variation in markings and colours added so you could pick up any smurf and know that you would find the exact marking and description in his book. Maybe it will get there.

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:32 am
hi!

hi! thanks gary that sounds good!

also I'm surprised about the copyright thing.. as far as I know they can't do anything about that! since its a collectable katalog and not a schleich product katalog??

how do all the other collectables katalogs do it?? like Hallmark or Mcdonalds or even mickey mouse??without the endorsements of the companies>>>???

anyway that is another issue;;;/.. \\

the cars are really nice that applause makes!!

I havn't got any but I like them alot!!

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:23 am
also I'm surprised about the copyright thing..
Maybe I am getting confused, I was thinking of something the same as Frank's katalog. I know he has to pay a stiff license fee for that. I have all the Schiffer catalogues and they fill in all the gaps where the other items are concerned.

What do you think Jim? You obviously have a large collection and a long history of collecting.

I think many people use the Blue Imps site as their online resource. :grin:

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:25 am
I still think a website particularly aimed at Fakes would be a good idea. How to spot one, values, etc. I wonder if there are copyright issues with that?

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:54 am
There's always a guranteed way of finding out...lol...although I doubt anyone would be concerned unless you were making money from it...then anyone who knows how to spell copyright gets involved...lol.

Dyar

PS - Maybe I could add some of the listings that aren't in the katalog here....we'll see.

Postby Smurfboy » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:56 am
I am afraid we are not allowed to do that because of copyright restrictions, Frank already told me that.
Karen - if the "catalogue" was part of someone's site and are pictures of smurfs they themselves own and or friend's own as well, the copyright is to the site owner and NOT the company that makes the toys. Just like with all our personal collection sites.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:10 am
Yes I assumed you were going to try and make one to sell.
Page 1 of 2

Login