Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:44 pm
I have been working on a checklist over the last week that includes just about everything from the regulars, supers, playsets, buildings, grotesque plagiate, extra promos, Forzas, plastoys, display boxes and individual pieces such as Mushrooms and wheelbarrows and possibly more that I have forgotten.

I was wondering if people here would like me to make it a "Smurf Community" one and if so would they be willing to help with any pics required of the rarer smurfs and/or offer some opinions when it's finished. By rarer ones I mean the 30th Anniversary Smurf on gold stand, Philips promos to name a few. Most of the promos are variations on the regulars so there will be a section to tick those off in their related section but I thought some of the promos have extra bits which I thought I would include seperately despite them being a variation of the Thirsty or Congratualtions etc.

The sections for each of the regulars at the moment include tick boxes for - Variations, Promos, Rohlinge, Fakes and the final one I have is a box to list the sellers youbought them from. I am sure some wouldn't want all of these boxes and some would prefer other ones so maybe it could be personalised from a general version that is put out.

I tend to use the checklist to not only keep count of my smurfs but also to keep count of what is coming in with a pencil tick in the relevant box until that smurf arrives.

Soon as I can, I will show a sample of what I have although I have been borrowing pics from the interent so far so I will be doing my own photos from now on as I have the format I was after. Perhaps people here could offer their opinions soon which may help to make this the ultimate checklist for collectors. We of course can expand it into different areas too such as the stands which I am not an expert on but maybe someone can work on those areas where I am not as experienced to comment on.

Would appreciate your feedback and if Karen or Rachel you would prefer not to authourise this under this site then I could still make it avaialble as an unofficial checklist. Either way it may be fun to bring everyone together with their ideas and see what we can come up with here.

Dyar

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:27 am
Reading this quick cos I am in a rush before school run but sounds all good to me. I've got that 30th anniversary smurf and I just sent Rachel one so we can supply pics of that. If that's what you mean? Sorry for rushing this!

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:11 am
Dyar,

That's a really cool idea! I'm all for that!
It would be great to have such a reference: when we look for something we could just quickly refer to it! I love it!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tell me what you need! When do we start?
:cheers: :cheers:

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:15 am
I am wondering if we could use the database script from my shopping site for this. If we copied the script then we could use it to add variations etc. and photos and it would be a growing searchable database. Just a thought? Maybe Jocelyn has some good ideas, he is a computer person I believe!

Postby Raresmurf » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:20 am
or a gallery script...?

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:24 am
Sounds great Dyar. Let me know what you need from me. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:25 am
Well whatever we do it has to be so Andrew has complete control as he is the brains behind this operation. :)

Postby Raresmurf » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:38 am
of course. - Karen and Rachel the ones for help - but if you need extra help - let me know :D
Postby attombomb7 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:08 pm
hi!! sounds good!!

Attom :lol: :lol:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:43 pm
Well I have pretty much finished the whole thing but I have used photos that I haven't got permission to use so that is all I need to do.

Although I want this to be something that is relevant to everybody and that is hard seeing as everyone collects different things....so maybe we could have one that can be altered to suit personal needs.

I will post what I have so far (minus pics) and maybe you guys could give me some feedback and what you would like to add or anything else that comes to mind.

Dyar

PS - Thanks Tam for your support :cheers:
Postby attombomb7 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:52 pm
hi!

maybe some of us have those smurfs and can get pics??

attom :lol:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:53 am
Hi Attom

I will send you the fake checklist tonight as I thought you could be the one to improve that one and also take some pics for it.

Just need some more spare time to get the rest all together.

Dyar

Postby Gerda » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:12 am
Are you mainly doing pvc items or can there be a checklist for other things that people collect like glasses porcelain items stuff like that.
Gerda

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:04 am
Are you mainly doing pvc items or can there be a checklist for other things that people collect like glasses porcelain items stuff like that.
Gerda
Hi Gerda

Sorry for the late response as I have just seen your post.

I am mainly only concentrating on PVC personally with a few other areas that I would like to eventually get to

These are what I have planned to have checklists on:

REGULAR SMURFS
SUPER SMURFS
PROMOS
BUILDINGS
PLAYSETS
INDIVIDUAL PIECES (mushrooms, flowers, rocks etc)
GROTESQUE FAKES
DIECAST VEHICLES
BOOKS & CATALOGUES
BOXES (super, buildings & playsets)
DISPLAY BOXES
PLASTOYS
IRWIN SMURFS
LARGE SMURFS
GLASSES

However that is why I want other members to become involved as we all collect in different areas and I know I am not as knowledgable in certain areas including many of the ones I mentioned above.

I would certainly need help from Attom with the fakes. I am also no expert on the Irwin smurfs (not sure that is even what they are called) as well as the larger sized smurfs.

If you could lend a hand with the porcelain side of things or even the glasses then that would be amazing and I know I would love a checklist of these to know what is available.

Sockels (stands) are also very popular but we would need someone more experienced with them than me to document those.

I have the first draft edition of the checklist for the Regulars, Supers, Playsets, Buildings, Promos & Forzas done. If anyone would like to see what they would look like or would like to see them so they can offer their opinions then please send me a PM with your eamil address and I will send you any of the requested versions that I just mentioned as having the draft for. I won't be able to send the Regulars until Monday though as I only have that on my work computer at this stage but will be able to send it from Monday onwards. I sent Stace a few of these this afternoon for her opinion and would be happy to send a few more out to get some feedback.

I have printed most of these out just to trial them and see what I think of them in use. As I said earlier I want to be able to make these able to be altered to suit personal needs.

Unfortunately the photos I am using currently are not original so I am using them only to make the draft before I will be doing my own photographs but because there is so much to photgraph I would really appreciate lots of help in that department. I am planning on doing some photos of the playsets, buildings and individual pieces this weekend. I would certainly need pictures of those old Schleich houses that have no doors if you know what I mean. From what I understand there are 2 versions but I don't have either of these.

If anyone wants to work on other areas then feel free. Hopefully this will be a community project with everyone contributing where they can even if it is just opinions and ideas.

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:51 am
Fantastic idea dyar, im not sure if we can help, im a bit useless with computers but if we can we would love to get involved. :-D lucie n simon

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:01 am
Hi Guys

No probs....I am not better myself (just ask Stace or Karen..lol). When you see what I have you can offer your opinions on if it needs anything or if it sucks or if you actually like it. We can go really silly with this and have a Rugby Smurf checklist as well and even a Fav Chocolates one for Lucie maybe wher eyou can tick off the ones you have tried...but smurfs first, chocolates later.

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:21 pm
Drew - thanks for sending me the checklists. The ones I saw were fabulous, everyone!! I can lend a hand in the Bully Display case area too ;) And I can take photos of any smurfs you don't have in your collection, Andrew (somehow I think that may only be one or two smurf :) ) I'm excited to see the regular checklist. Great job! :woohoo:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:23 pm
P.S. those :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: are so distracting :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Fram » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:48 pm
Dyar, if I can help in any way, just let me know. My collection is mainly in boxes and I don't have a digital camera yet, but I might still be able to check your lists and try to add some things...
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:
Postby hugofilia » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:31 pm
Hi, not sure what you would like but if you need some pictures of differents smurfs,fakes or rarer ones that i might have , i would be glad to send you the pictures and you may used them as you wish.
Good luck
John :cheers:
I love to create situation with smurfs and change or add colors.
Page 1 of 1

Login