Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 3 of 6

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:16 pm
Oh yeah I think I've heard of that course, Staci......How to Get Rich off the Gullible 101 or the shorter nickname: Pyramid Schemes 101
LOL.... Just let me get in on the top level Staci and I'll be happy :)

I could just try listing one smurf for $100,000 like that Aussie guy on ebay.....any takers????

Linda

Edit: oops typos...another case of brain faster than fingers
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby JT » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:41 pm
Great to learn about your jobs. I haven´t yet answer this post so...
I´ve been working in Finland´s biggest :) commercial TV station for 14 years now. I work in technical department. I do most of broadcasting equipment installations. I came here right after leaving school (oops, now I admitted I´m writing this in my worktime)...

Dyar, Lapland also covers some areas of southern Norway and Russia even. I´ve been there when I was teenager, but I live in southern part of Finland and I also haven´t talked with anyone from Lapland before :)
Here is web site you might want to visit and learn about Finnish Lapland. And about Santa of course :D

http://www.laplandfinland.com/select_language.asp

Janne

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:37 pm
HI Janne

that is really interesting... there are other smurf members who workin the TV bussiness as well... I shouldn't say who incase they want to keep it private but there are at least 3 more.. :)

I'm one of them too!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:23 am
I used to work in TV too....even been on TV many times....but too many people starting sending in charity donations for me in the hope that I got over my disfiguration so they stopped putting me on air....lol

Dyar

PS - I have a lot of respect for all of the teachers here...it's such a classy line of work

PPS - Hi Fram, I am actually a music historian and have done a few years work as a researcher and writer.....now I am becoming a smurf historian...lol.

Postby IndigoSmurf » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:36 am
You've been on TV????? Do tell! How cool... I've been on TV twice. Once on Oprah :) and once on a local Chinese TV station which was all about propaganda on a new petrochemical complex put in.

I agree.... Teachers are awesome. So much time, energy, emotion put into our young. My partner is a teacher & coaches softball & volleyball. Here in a rural area there are very sad stories (probably a lot like inner city).

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:10 am
When I was 15 I spent 2 weeks on a music quizz show. The first week I won but the second week they put me with Jason Donovan...not exactly a guru of music...he answered a few of the questions wrong which made me lose points and in the end I loss by one point.

Then I was interviewed on the street by former Olympian Melinda Gainsford for the Footy Show.

I have also appeared on a couple of commercials for a former music channel on Optus and then appeared on MTV on a couple of occasions where I was doing the sound or reporting on music events. I was doing the audio on an interview with Mimi McPherson (sister of Elle) and the camera swung around to me to tell the story of George Harrison & Eric clapton and their relationships with Patti Boyd (Harrison). I was also meant to appear in a cricket ad for their sports channel with helmet and pads and the English cricket uniform but it never went ahead. There may be one or 2 other times but they are the ones that I can remember. I have appeared on TV incidently a few times as a face in the crowd and when I was younger I looked a lot like a certain teenage actor that was on TV and many people used to stop me out in public and on trains asking if I was an actor or if I was this guy....won't reveal who it is as some of the Australians here would probably laugh at me.....I admit that one time I did confess to being an actor to these 2 girls because I thought it would be cool but I never said I was the one they were talking about.....they didn't ask me directly either which was cool.

I never did anything too exciting that was really worth talking about but I did ok for someone as avergae as myself.

Dyar

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:23 am

many people used to stop me out in public and on trains asking if I was an actor or if I was this guy....won't reveal who it is as some of the Australians here would probably laugh at me....

Dyar
Please Dyar, tell me who ? I won't laugh. :D MUCH

Christine, What were you doing on Oprah?

Were you a guest or a face in the crowd?

Raelene

Postby Tor » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:21 am
I work as a "User Interface Developer" on Volvo IT in Sweden. :D
/Tor

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:00 am
Please Dyar, tell me who ? I won't laugh. :D MUCH
Well I don't actually know the actor's name but I could tell you who he is from the shows he was on.....but I won't :)

Christine, What were you doing on Oprah?

Were you a guest or a face in the crowd?

Raelene
Yes yes yes please tell us Christine.....and I am sure we are all glad that it wasn't Jerry Springer....lol

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:31 am
With the hairstyle in that old picture you look a bit "Craig McLachlan" LOL.

I don't think I have ever been on tv. :( One section of my family are showbizzy but that's nothing really to do with me. My godparents (also my mum's cousin) are aunt and uncle to Sally Gunnell but I never met her so that's not a very good claim to fame is it? LOL.

This guy featured here http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/list/107.php is the son of my godparents and also my second cousin. I think the world of my godparents so I'm very proud for them if you know what I mean, I have only met Christopher a couple of times because he's quite a bit older than me. I always thought he was beautiful when I was little, I remember that much, LOL. He is first cousin to Sally Gunnell, quite a famous family. His mum is a stage performer as well in Cambridge. I'd have loved to have been an actress but I was always the shy one at school and never picked for things! :(

Smurfy Paul has been on Opportunity Knocks, is that one of the other people you were referring to Attom?

Oh and Stephen and his Most Haunted things, I'll drop them in it, don't you worry! :) :)

Come on Christine, what were you on Oprah for? :)

Postby Tamtam » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:07 am
Christine,
We are all dying to know what you were doing on Oprah!!!!! :o 8)

Tam

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:11 am
With the hairstyle in that old picture you look a bit "Craig McLachlan" LOL.

:)
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:
Karen, thats who if first thought of. Henry Ramsey from Neighbours !
It was the hairstyle that made me think of it as well. Probably that photo you posted of Dyar reminded me of it. :)

Come on Dyar are we right :D
You can't bring up something like that and not tell us the full story.

Raelene

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:00 am
Come on Dyar are we right :D
No...but I used to get hassle by my friends in high school by being called Craig, Henry or even Mona.....after his song.

I know nutheng!!

Dyar

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:05 am
Are you sure Mona was after the song? :) :) :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:22 am
Yes quite sure thank you very much Karen :angry: lol....

Remember this thread wasn't about me, it's about Christine and Oprah....come on we need support so Christine spills the beans :)

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:45 am
Pretty please Dyar, can you give me a hint. Just one show he was in?

Raelene

Postby Fram » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:49 am
I know, I know! Rick Astley! Well, just guessing :grin:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby attombomb7 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:30 am
maybe its crocadile dundy?? :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)